Syria’s President: Israel - source of terrorism
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad asserted that Damascus’ position is firm with regards to all regional and international issues and stated, “Syria has nothing which isn't announced regarding Arab causes”.
"Violence, as far as we are concerned, isn't what the Palestinian does, which is but an answer for violence…'' President al-Assad remarked.
“Israel is the cause for violence and it practices violence” the Syrian leader added, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency, asserting that “hence Israel itself is the source of violence, it is the source of terrorism too”.
President al-Assad conveyed that no weapon was left for Arabs in their struggle with the enemy, save the resistance because Israel “doesn't want us to be militarily or economically strong, it even wants us (to be) with no identity''.
President al-Assad, addressing a delegation of lawyers, strongly stressed the pivotal role Arab lawyers play in defending Arab causes, restating Syria's support for the heroic Palestinian Intifada or uprising against the Israeli aggressions. He also called for collective Arab action to restore usurped rights. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel says Syria involved in ''terror'' attacks as Assad slams Israel as source of turmoil
- Damascus Radio praises Assad visit to UK; says Israel – source of terrorism
- President of Maldives restates support of Syrian positions
- Sources: Syrian and U.S. Presidents to Meet Next Month
- Iranian Official: Israel Is Source of Terrorism