Syria: Dozens dead as Assad helicopters hit Aleppo
At least 25 are dead after Syrian government helicopters bombed a district of Aleppo as fighting rages in the region.
TNT packed barrels were dropped on the Hanano district. So far, the death count is six children and 19 adults. Those injured are numbering 17 and rising, opposition activists said.
Homemade incendiary devices such as barrel bombs which are rolled out of helicopters are indiscriminate in their impact.
A correspondent for Qatar-based al-Jazeera TV estimated 70 deaths as reported by BBC.
In Homs province, a car bomb exploded outside a primary school, killing six schoolchildren and two adults.
After capturing a ruined hospital from government forces, rebels recently took over territory in Aleppo.
- Regime attacks kill at least 10 dead in Aleppo as barrel bombings continue with no sign of abating
- Syrian warplanes continue Aleppo airstrikes for fifth day, target southern villages
- Syrian forces kill 25 in Aleppo barrel bomb attack
- Renewed clashes in Aleppo, Damascus suburbs
- Attacks continue in Aleppo, at least 21 dead