Syria denies claims on involvement in Iraq attacks
Syria on Thursday strongly termed claims of training fighters and sending them into Iraq as " baseless and inaccurate". "What has been reported by some Iraqi detainees is baseless and inaccurate and Syria is keen on Iraq’s stability and security and does not interfere in its internal affaires," a Syrian security source said, according to SANA.
The denial came in response to what some satellite channels and mass media reported on Wednesday quoting the Iraqi satellite channel of detainees admissions claiming the Syrian security services trained and sent militants into Iraq.
- At least two dead in Iraq as Syria denies accusation of involvement in attacks
- Nusra Front denies involvement in Arsal attacks
- Attack on US convoy in Gaza Strip: Bush blames PA leadership, Palestinian factions deny involvement
- Assad: No Syrian involvement in Iraq attacks
- Syria rejects Iraq claims on interference