Syria denies reports about clash on Iraq border
A Syrian official source on Tuesday denied as "unfounded and baseless" a statement by the Iraqi Defense Ministry that Syrian and Iraqi troops exchanged fire across the borders on Friday.
The source said Monday’s statement by Iraq had claimed that a Syrian post was helping a group of infiltrators to cross the borders into Iraq, prompting fire trading.
The official source said the statement is "unfounded and baseless," expressing deep resentment over the repetition of these allegations and accusations which aim at harming and sabotaging the Syrian-Iraqi relations, and calling for putting an end to such statements out of keenness on the interests of the two sisterly countries.
- Syrian Sources: Reports of Iraqi Army Deployment at Borders Baseless
- Damascus denies US report on clash with Syrian infiltrators to Iraq
- Iraq: Three US troops die, clashes reported on Syria border as Zarqawi expands network
- Syria denies reports about Iran, Hizbullah assistance
- Syria denies reports it helps Iraq to rebuild army