Syria Exports Million Sheep to Gulf Countries
Syria has exported more than one million sheep to the Gulf countries valued at a 100 million dollars over the past 10 months.
The Syrian state owned newspaper “Al Thawrah” said that Saudi Arabia ranked first among the Gulf countries in importing Syrian sheep, which formed 7 percent of the country’s income from animal products. It indicated that Syrian meat is free from infectious diseases such as foot-and-mouth and this will encourage some Gulf countries to import Syrian sheep particularly after the discovery of as foot-and-mouth disease in the UAE and Saudi Arabia - Albawaba.com
- Saudi Arabia Steps up Foot-and-Mouth Preventative Measures
- Saudi Arabia Bans Meat Imports from Several Asian Countries Following Outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Qatar Free of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- More than Two Million Livestock Vaccinated against Foot-and-Mouth in Iran
- Saudi Arabia, UAE Ban Imports of European Lamb Meat Due to Spread of Mouth-and-Foot