Syria to host regional meeting on Iraqi situation
Egypt has been invited to attend a regional meeting in Syria on the situation in Iraq, which will involve Arab states as well as Turkey and Iran, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher said in Cairo Monday.
The two-day meeting in Damascus, beginning on Saturday, "will debate developments in Iraq in order to elaborate a common vision in the interests of the Iraqi people," Maher told reporters.
Maher said he had received an invitation for the meeting, which he added would also include delegates from Syria, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait and Lebanon. (Albawaba.com)
- Maher: No need to hold summit on Iraqi crisis in Turkey; Saudi FM: Saddam exile not on the agenda
- Egyptian, Jordanian Foreign Ministers to hold consultations ahead of Istanbul meeting
- Turkish FM to take part in regional meeting in Damascus
- Iraq's neighboring countries condemn ''terrorist'' attacks
- Istanbul to host regional meeting on Iraq