Iran Foreign Minister arrives in Damascus
The foreign minister of Iran who serves as a key ally of the Syrian regime, arrived in Damascus on Wednesday. He will meet with President Bashar al-Assad, a diplomatic source said.
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif arrived from Jordan. His business in the Hashemite Kingdom was a part of a regional tour ahead of a peace conference aimed at ending the the Syrian conflict. That meeting is scheduled to take place in Switzerland on January 22.
- Syrian govt says citizens want Assad to run for president ahead of Swiss peace talks
- Syria’s Foreign Minister Visits Iran
- Khatami Invites Syrian President to Visit Tehran
- Zarif: Iran ready to help end Syrian civil war
- Iran ready to attend Geneva talks, but Syrian opposition attendance remains undecided