Syria: Israel doesn't want peace
Syria's Information Minister Ahmad al-Hassan on Sunday said Damascus always welcomes the resumption of negotiations from the point they stopped at, since it views that peace based on the international legitimacy, Madrid terms of reference and Security Council resolutions 242 and 338, is its strategic option.
In an interview with Lebanon Voice Radio, the Syrian Information Minister pointed out that Israel doesn’t want peace and it obstructs any effort exerted to realize it.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian information minister reiterates Damascus' stance on Mid-East peace
- Syria rejects Sharon terms to resume peace talks
- Damascus Radio: Israeli occupation, supported by the US - pushes region into “explosion”
- Syria Says it Welcomes International Efforts for Treaty with Israel
- Syrian Source Denies Secret Messages to Israel