Syrian army closes border crossing into Lebanon
Violence rages near Lebanon's border with Syria as fighting continues to spill over from the Syrian civil war. (AFP/File)
Amid heavy fighting, Syrian troops have closed a border crossing into Lebanon, Reuters reports.
A Lebanese news agency says the Bqaiaa crossing was closed because of increased fighting in the Wadi Khaled region.
Lebanese towns along the border are often used as a refuge by opposition fighters in Syria and have therefore faced attacks by Syrian helicopters, as well as rocket attacks.
- Jordan closes border amid fighting between Syrian forces and opposition
- Lebanon considers closing border with Syria to halt refugees
- Syrian rebels take over Iraqi border crossing
- Hezbollah, Syrian army seize ‘main crossing’ in Zabadani
- Lebanese army prevents Syrian opposition fighters from crossing the border