Syria Proposes Industrial Reform Law
The Syrian cabinet has approved a draft law to allow loss-making state companies to be run by private sector managers, reported Reuters.
The draft law aims to introduce management service contracts, a concept that has already been successfully introduced in the oil and gas sector.
According to the agency, the manufacturing industry is the next target for the government – Albawaba.com
- $560 million a year to reform Syria\'s public industry
- Martial Law in Syria ‘Frozen,’ Parties’ Law on the Way
- Proposed Banking Bills in Syria Puts Country’s Economy at Turning Point
- Egypt could introduce tax hikes and subsidy cuts to deal with deficit
- Syria announces reform of inefficient industrial sector