Mortar hits Russian embassy in Damascus
A mortar round hit the Russian embassy in Damascus Sunday said a source from the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, according to AFP. No injuries have yet been reported. This is the first time that an embassy compound has been hit in the Syrian capital according despite usual mortar and rocket activity in other parts of the city.
- For first time: Mortar attack on the embassy district in Damascus
- Mortar shell hits Damascus citadel as rebels, regime troops clash across the capital
- Russia 'ready' to send military observers to Syria
- At least eight killed as mortar fire hits Damascus Christian neighbourhood
- Rebel mortar shells hit near Damascus airport