Syria says it has right to develop defensive capabilities against Israeli threats
Israeli criticism against Syria for having a defensive power reflect Israel’s continuous aggressive intentions towards Syria, Minister of Information said Saturday, according to SANA . He was referring to press reports by Israeli sources that Syria test-fired long range missiles last week.
Minister Mahdi Dakhlalah clarified that the whole current pressures on Syria come to serve Israel’s aggressive stances and policies in the region. “It is natural for every country to posses defensive capabilities particularly if it exists in a region dominated by tension, aggression and the continued Israeli occupation,” Dakhlalah said, noting that Israel has an unruly will of widening the cycle of tension and occupation.
The Syria minister pointed out that the Syrian Golan has been occupied since 1967, stressing that the international law and the logic identify peace by removing the occupation and aggression, “Golan is a dear part of our home land”, added Dakhlalah.
- Press: Israel is Preparing ‘Plans for Aggression’ Against Syria
- Mubarak Advisor: Syria ‘Not Alone’ in Face of Israeli Aggression
- Israel's Public Security Minister says returning Golan Heights to Syria is legitimate
- Israel threatens Syria over gunfire in the contested Golan Heights
- Syrian gunfire hits Israeli-occupied Golan Heights