Suicide bomber strikes Syria town
A suicide bomber has killed at least four people in a central city.
A Syrian officials says the bombing took place on Monday morning in the town of Sabtiyeh, which is east of Homs.
The official says they had no information yet about the identity of the suicide bomber or the victims.
The official refrained from revealing his identity because he was not authorized to give away information on the bombing to journalists.
Syrian armed opposition have sought the downfall of Bashar Assad following the extremist ideology of al-Qaeda, and have used suicide bombing as means of resistence in the past.
- Turkey-based journalist killed in suicide bombing in Syria
- UK’s ‘first suicide bomber’ in Syria sends shockwaves
- Three Lebanese soldiers killed in suicide bomber blast
- German Report: Suspected Suicide Bomber Spent Time in Syria
- Assad thanks Moscow for restoring int'l power balance after Qamishli suicide bomber attack