Syria, UAE Discuss E-government
Dr. Mohammed Khalfan Khirbash, UAE Minister of State for Financial and Industrial Affairs, received on Wednesday the Syrian Communications Minister Dr. Bashir Al Munged, who is currently visiting the UAE, according to Emirates News Agency.
The two Ministers reviewed aspects of joint cooperation between the two countries. Khirbash briefed the Syrian Minister on the UAE effort to introduce the e-government system, especially the e-Dirham in levying government fees.
“The ministry and the Central Bank are mulling plans to set up an e-Dirham body to serve both the public and private sectors,” Khirbash stated. The Syrian Minister, in return, expressed Damascus' desire to benefit from the UAE e-initiative and praised the progress made by the UAE in embracing modern technology. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai eGovernment shares expertise at 2nd National Conference of eGovernment in Syria
- Damascus mulls return to WTO
- Dubai eGovernment participates in international summit of eGovernment advocates in Tunisia
- Dubai eGovernment to host 2nd Middle East eGovernment Summit
- South Korean delegation shares eGovernance experience with Dubai eGovernment