Syria wants dialogue with US
Syria's Information Minister Ahmad al-Hasan has said that there is no problem between the Syrians and the American people but there is a difference in visions between Syria and the American administration regarding some issues in the Middle East.
In a statement to the London-based al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper published Monday, al-Hasan stressed that the reason for this difference is "the submission of some Americam officials to Israeli pressures."
He noted that the door for dialogue is still open between the American administration and Damascus.
Al-Hasan said the pressure practiced by the Israeli government was behind all the decisions taken against Syria by some of the "extremists" in the American administration.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Information Minister: Syria to continue dialogue with US following sanctions move
- American official: Despite sanctions US keen to develop contacts with Syria
- Information minister: Syria facing ''terrorist'' threats
- Syrian PM: Regional states should resist US bid to reshape the Middle East
- Nasrallah condemns US sanctions on Syria