Syrian Defense Minister in Moscow for Bilateral, Regional Talks
Syrian Defense Minister Mustafa Tlass held talks in Moscow Wednesday with Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov on bilateral and regional issues, reported the Russian Novosti news agency.
Tlass arrived in Moscow on Tuesday and his talks with Russian official will focus on prospects for the development of the military-technical cooperation between the two countries, said the news agency.
In addition, the sides are going to discuss the crisis situation in the Middle East.
Later Wednesday, Tlaas will also hold talks with his counterpart Sergei Ivanov and Security Council secretary Vladimir Rushailo, said Novosti.
Tlass's visit follows a visit by Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, who pushed for Moscow's support in settling the Mideast hostilities.
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat is expected to visit Moscow on Tuesday, moving up a planned June visit because of escalating tension in the region – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian President, Saudi Defense Minister Hold Bilateral, Regional Talks
- Syrian Transport Minister visits Moscow
- UAE Defense Minister Discusses Bilateral, Regional Issues with British Envoy
- Ivanov to Visit Turkey Thursday for Bilateral, Regional Talks
- Ivanov Holds Talks with Syrian President on Middle East Crisis