Syrian FM slams Israel
Syria's Foreign Minister Farouk al-Shara on Monday stressed that ending the Israeli occupation of the Arab territories and allowance of the Palestinian refugees to return home will lead to peace in the Middle East.
In his speech delivered during the Organization of Islamic Countries in Malaysia, Shara said that Israel perpetrates the "worst kind of terrorism against the unarmed Palestinian civilians," ignoring that it created the Palestinian refugees problem and deprived them from their right to return home.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Claims 184,000 Palestinian Refugees have Returned since 1948
- Syria says ''roadmap'' should include Lebanese, Syrian tracks
- Following Talks in Tehran: Al-Shara Warns About Situation; Khatami: Iran Wants Peace Despite Israel Enmity, Conspiracies
- Palestinian PM tells Arab leaders not to compromise on refugees' right to return
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives Norwegian official