Syrian FM: U.S. listing of Syria as country supporting terror - - “big lie”
Syrian Foreign Minister, Farouk Al –Sharaa, said that Arabs hold Israel and the United States, which supports Israel, responsible for any escalation in the situation in the Middle East region.
Al-Sharaa told a Stockholm news conference, following the conclusion of his visit to Nordic countries that the U.S enlisting of Syria in the list of “countries sponsoring terrorism” constitutes a “big lie”, which contradicts the contents of the department’s annual report, that claims there is no evidence of a single Syrian act of terrorism, the official Syrian Arab News Agency SANA reported Saturday.
The minister further described his talks with Swedish Prime Minister Goran Persson and foreign minister as good and constructive.
Responding to a question on whether there is another choice in which to proceed if Israel continued to refuse to make peace, Al-Sharaa made clear that the Arab leaders had discussed during their Beirut summit and in Sharm Al-Sheikh, ways for achieving peace and agreed that the Israeli government would be responsible for the consequences of its stand. (Albawaba.com)
- Syria’s Foreign Minister: Israel practices terrorism against Palestinians
- Syrian FM: no international Mideast peace conference without Syria, Lebanon
- Syrian Foreign Minister returns from Saudi Arabia
- Syria blames Israel for lack of progress in peace talks
- Egypt’s President, Syrian Foreign Minister hold talks