Syrian Foreign Minister meets US Secretary of State
Syrian Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Farouk al-Shara met on Tuesday with United States Secretary of State, Colin Powell.
During the meeting, talks focused on the dispute between Iraq and the United Nations and the situation in the region. According to SANA, Al-Shara highlighted the importance of reaching a political solution based on the implementation of the UN resolutions. Al-Shara also affirmed the significance of the US role in reviving the peace process.
Powell, for his part, praised Damascus’ positive role in the establishment of stability and security in the region and stressed the necessity of continuing contracts between the two sides, especially in this difficult period of time, SANA reported on Tuesday.
Al Sharaa, meanwhile, also spoke by phone with Iraqi foreign minister Naji Sabri and discussed with him issues related to efforts for finding a political solution to the dispute between Iraq and the UN.
Moreover, the Syrian Foreign Minister also met with the secretary general of the Arab league and discussed with him the Iraqi matter. (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian opposition to meet with G8 ministers in London
- US Deputy Secretary of State Meets Jordanian Foreign Minister
- US Secretary of State to meet with Palestinian official, Saudi Foreign Minister
- US Deputy Secretary of State and Kuwaiti Foreign Minister discuss oil prices
- Syrian Foreign Minister says relations with United States ''at their lowest''