Syrian Foreign Minister receives Norwegian official
Syrian Foreign Minister Farouk Al-Shara received in the capital of Damascus Wednesday the Personal Representative of the Norwegian Foreign Minister.
In the course of the meeting, talks focused on the current situation in the Middle East as well as the future of the peace process.
Al-Shara, for his part, stressed that achieving a just and comprehensive peace requires the implementation of the international resolutions and the Madrid reference resolutions, according to SANA news agency.
In addition, he said that achieving peace also requires Israel’s complete commitment to reach a just solution to the Palestinian refugees’ cause, asserting the necessity for the return to their lands in accordance with UN resolutions, it added.
Moreover, discussions dealt with the existing ties between
Syria and Norway and ways of strengthening them. (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives Russian Mid-East envoy for talks
- US top official visits Syria; holds talks with Foreign Minister
- Syrian Foreign Minister meets US Secretary of State
- Japan foreign minister says Damascus plays '\'pivotal'\' role in Mid-East peace process
- Syria, Japan call to resume Middle East peace talks