Syrian General Killed in Protected Apartment
A Syrian army general, Khalil Kheder, was killed in his Damascus apartment that was under military guard, hospital and court sources told AFP Thursday.
The general, who was in charge of military training for the universities in the Syrian capital, was found Monday with his throat cut in the bath of his apartment in the center of Damascus, where he lived alone, they said.
His body was still in the Tishrin military hospital Thursday for forensic examination.
The general's car, which was normally parked in front of the building had been taken, according to neighbors contacted by AFP.
Military intelligence officers are investigating the killing, a court source told AFP - DAMASCUS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Security: Personal Matters are Probably Behind Mysterious Murder of Syrian Army Officer
- Assad Discharges Three Top Officers, Promotes Younger Brother
- Israeli sources: Syrian-Turkish military accords will not affect Ankara-Tel Aviv strategic ties
- Rebels take over military base near Damascus
- Top Syrian intelligence officer killed