Syrian, Iraqi Foreign Ministers hold talks in Cairo
Syria’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Farouk Al-Shara held talks in Cairo Saturday with Iraq’s Foreign Minister Naji Sabri.
According to SANA news agency on Sunday, talks focused on consultations, which had been made before the adoption by the Security Council of resolution 1441.
Al-Shara explained his Iraqi counterpart Syria’s efforts with members of the Security Council to ensure that the proposed resolution would safeguard the unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Iraq and protect it against any military strike under the cover of international legitimacy, SANA added.
Sabri, for his part, appreciated Syria’s role and efforts during the security council’s negotiations, for keeping away the option of a military strike and for dealing with the Iraqi problem by peaceful means. (Albawaba.com)
- <i>Al Bawaba</i> sources: U.S. ensures personal safety of Iraqi FM en route to Cairo
- Syrian Foreign Minister holds phone talks with counterparts
- Chairman of the Iraqi Governing Council holds talks in Syria
- Iraqi Vice President Holds Talks with Syrian President, Prepares Trade Agreement
- Iraqi minister holds talks in UAE