Syrian journalists protest against US, Israeli policies
Syrian journalists on Tuesday staged a sit-in in front of their headquarters in Damascus to protest Israel’s assassination of Palestinian leader Sheikh Yassin and reject the US killings of Arab journalists in Iraq.
In a written statement, the journalists voiced their support to the Palestinian people. According to SANA, they expressed their denunciation of the "US-Zionist aggression" against Arab journalists working in Iraq and Palestine.
"US forces of occupation killing of Ali Khatib and Ali Abdul Azizi, the two Arab journalists working for Al-Arabiya satellite channel, is totally condemned," the statement said.
They renewed rejection of the US occupation of Iraq under false and fabricated pretexts like "fight against terrorism" and WMD.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Protest against US policy held in Damascus
- Damascus Radio blasts US policy on Iraq; slams silence over '\'Israeli nukes'\'
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon Stage Peaceful Protests against Sharon's ‘Criminal’ Policies
- Saudi intelligence chief: Riyadh to limit cooperation with US
- Protest against U.S. biased policies