Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker to attend APU Council meeting in Baghdad
Syrian Speaker of the People’s Assembly, Abdulkader Qadoura and an accompanying delegation left Monday for Baghdad to attend the 42nd Emergency Session of the Arab Parliamentary Union’s Council, which is due be held Tuesday in the Iraqi capital.
The two-day session is expected to discuss American threatens against Iraq, and its support to Israel against the aspirations of the Palestinian people, the Syrian Arab news agency reported.
Speaker of the Yemeni Parliament, Abdullah Hussein al-Ahmar, and Chairman of the Lebanese Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, Ali al-Khalil also left on board the same plane to participate in the session. (Albawaba.com)
- Yemen’s parliament speaker visits Syria
- Iraqi National Assembly speaker sends letter to International Parliamentary Union Head
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Somali counterpart
- Iraqi Parliament Speaker Off to UN Meeting in New York
- Speaker of Iranian Consultative Council sends letter to Syrian Assembly Speaker on Palestinians