Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker to attend APU Council meeting in Baghdad
Syrian Speaker of the People’s Assembly, Abdulkader Qadoura and an accompanying delegation left Monday for Baghdad to attend the 42nd Emergency Session of the Arab Parliamentary Union’s Council, which is due be held Tuesday in the Iraqi capital.
The two-day session is expected to discuss American threatens against Iraq, and its support to Israel against the aspirations of the Palestinian people, the Syrian Arab news agency reported.
Speaker of the Yemeni Parliament, Abdullah Hussein al-Ahmar, and Chairman of the Lebanese Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, Ali al-Khalil also left on board the same plane to participate in the session. (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Somali counterpart
- Baghdad to host Emergency meeting of Arab Solidarity Committees
- Arab Parliamentary Union Council wraps up 42nd session in Iraq
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Algerian National Council members
- Austrian President receives Syrian People’s Assembly speaker