Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives British Parliamentarian Delegation
Syrian Speaker of the People’s Assembly, Abdul Qader Qaddoura received in Damascus Tuesday a British Parliamentarian Delegation, led by Member of the British House of Commons, John Austin in the presence of the British Ambassador to Syria and the Assembly’s Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, Shaker As-Saeed.
The two sides discussed latest developments on the regional and international dimensions, the US threats to the region as well as the Israeli practices against the Palestinian people and territories, according to SANA news agency.
Qaddoura briefed the British delegation regarding the modernization and development process Syria is witnessing under the leadership of President Bashar Al-Assad, especially in the field of legislation.
Austin, on his part, stressed his solidarity with Damascus, particularly with the restoration of the occupied Golan till the June 4, 1967 lines and his objection to the dangerous situation in the occupied Palestinian territories, SANA added.
In addition, talks focused on bilateral relations between Syrian and Britain in general and parliamentarian relations in particular. (Albawaba.com)
- Austrian President receives Syrian People’s Assembly speaker
- Syrian People's Assembly Speaker receives Belarusian Foreign Minister
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Arab, Int’l delegation chiefs
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Algerian National Council members
- Syrian People’s Assembly to Meet on Bashar Presidency