Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Somali counterpart
Syria’s Speaker of the People’s Assembly, Abdulkader Qaddoura, received Sunday his Somali counterpart, Abdullah dero Eshak and an accompanying delegation.
In the course of the meeting, talks focused on the latest developments in the region, bilateral relations, the situation in Somalia and its suffering during the civil war, the Syrian Arab News Agency reported.
Qaddoura stressed the national unity of Somalia and Syria’s readiness to support it in shouldering its national role on the Arab front. Eshak, on its part, hailed the principled Syrian positions on national and international causes.
He also called for promoting the parliamentary ties between the parliaments of the two countries within the framework of the Arab Parliamentary Union (APU). (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Algerian National Council members
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker to attend APU Council meeting in Baghdad
- Syrian People’s Assembly Speaker receives Arab, Int’l delegation chiefs
- Kuwait Parliament Speaker Hails Role of Mubarak Towards Arab Causes
- Spanish Parliament Speaker hails relations with Syria