Syrian PM urges US to end Iraq occupation
Syria's Prime Minister, Mohammad Naji Otri said in an interview with the Austrian Standard newspaper that Syria wants to restore the prestige of the international laws by ending the American occupation of Iraq and enabling the Iraqis to elect their representatives. According to him, this matter in addition to the Palestinian issue have led to the disputes between Syria and the United States.
Regarding the American accusations against Syria, Otri stressed that the United States realizes that its accusations are false.
He added that Syria suffered a lot from terrorism, referring to late President Hafez al-Assad’s call for holding an international conference to identify "terrorism" and to differentiate between " terrorism" and " resistance". (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian minister calls to end Iraq occupation
- British DM says most parts of Iraq ''very calm'' as Syria urges US to end occupation
- Arab nations urge U.N. to end Palestinian-Israeli conflict; Syrian FM to join Quartet meeting
- Mubarak calls for end of Iraq occupation
- Sadr urges Iraqis to fight occupation as sources claim negotiations with US-led forces progressing