Syrian Police Crack Down on Protestors Attacking US Embassy
Hundreds of Syrian students clashed Wednesday noon with security forces, who tried to prevent them from attacking the US embassy in Damascus.
Albawaba.com correspondent, who was at the scene, saw the students take off their shoes and throw them in the direction of the building, which was surrounded by units of anti-riot police.
Students hurled stones at the embassy, and broke lights window glasses, while chanting anti-Israeli and anti-US slogans.
Four students were injured in the clashes. Fire engines were arriving in an apparent move to use water to disperse the violent demonstration.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian Students March to US Embassy to Protest Israeli Repression
- Lebanese Security Forces Prevent Student Protest at US Embassy
- Jordanian Anti-riot Police Disperses Demonstrations near Israeli Embassy
- 10 people wounded during anti-war protest in Lebanon; Syrian grand Mufti calls to launch ''martyrdom operations''
- Beirut: Police disperse anti-Syria protest