Syrian premier, World Bank top official hold talks
Syrian Prime Minister Mohammad Naji Ottri on Tuesday discussed with Christian Portmann, the World Bank’s Vice-President for the Middle East and North Africa, existing cooperation between Syrian economic establishments and international bodies in a way that enhances the process of economic development and integration into world markets and economies.
According to <i>SANA</i> news agency, Premier Ottri spoke about the ongoing process of development and modernization in the fields of administrative, legislative, economic reform, banking and financial development. He also indicated the strength of the Syrian economy and its various natural, agriculture and tourist resources.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Economy and Trade Dr. Amer Husni Lutfi.
- Syrian premier inspects projects in Deir a-Zour governorate
- Syrian President meets British MPs, holds phone talks with Spanish Premier
- Bahrain: Al Areen Holding Company, Banyan Tree Top Brass Hold Talks to Finalise Partnership
- Report: US$3.5 billion withdrawn by Syrian officials from Lebanese banks
- Syrian President Holds Talks with King Fahd in Brief Visit to Saudi Arabia