Syrian President Meets with Palestinian President in Cairo
Syrian president Bashar Assad and Palestinian President Yasser Arafat met Saturday evening to discuss the current events, sources told Albawaba.com.
The sources said that the two leaders “discussed ways to recover coordination between the two sides.” They added that President Arafat informed Assad of his “wish to visit Syria,” and he received “an initial welcome”
In a report Saturday Albawaba had quoted former speaker of the Palestinian National Council, Khalid Fahoum, who said that he expected that the gaps in the Syrian-Palestinian relations would be bridged during the two-day Arab Summit, which ended Sunday at noon.
The Syrian president also met Saturday with Deputy Chairman of the Iraqi Revolutionary Council, Izzat Ibrahim. The 30-minute meeting focused on bilateral relations between the two countries, and the current regional developments, said the same sources. But they added that the meeting did not cover coordination regarding both sides’ stands at the summit.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian President to meet Egyptian counterpart in Cairo
- Egyptian President, Syrian Vice President discuss upcoming Mubarak visit to U.S.
- Syrian President to Visit Cairo by End of Month
- Arafat in Cairo for Talks with Egyptian President
- Former PNA Speaker: Palestinian-Syrian Relations will be Mended during Arab Summit