Syrian President, Saudi Defense Minister Hold Bilateral, Regional Talks
Syrian President Bashar Assad received on Monday Saudi Defense Minister Prince Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz, who started a two-day visit to Damascus to discuss bilateral and regional issues especially the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, reported Syria Times newspaper.
The paper said that upon his arrival, the minister held a closed-door meeting with Assad and discussed the "Israeli aggression against the Palestinians in their Intifada," Assad's spokesman Gebran Kurieh said in a statement.
Assad and Prince Sultan also discussed "Israeli aggressions (against) Arab, Muslim and Christian holy places," he said.
Prince Sultan arrived in Damascus after a stop in Jordan for talks with King Abdullah II, reported AFP.
The Saudi defense minister was greeted at the Damascus airport by Syrian Prime Minister Mohammad Mustapha Miro and Defense Minister General Mustapha Tlass, said the agency -- (Several Sources)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Damascus Greets Palestinian Intifada by Poetical Opera
- UAE Defense Minister Discusses Bilateral, Regional Issues with British Envoy
- Sudanese Defense Minister in Saudi Arabia for Bilateral Talks
- Syrian Defense Minister in Moscow for Bilateral, Regional Talks
- Syrian President Arrives in Spain for Bilateral, Regional Talks