Syrian President to visit Britain
Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad and his wife are scheduled to pay a three-day official visit to Britain in the middle of this month, in response to an invitation extended by British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
During the visit, the Syrian President and his accompanying delegation are expected to hold talks with Prime Minister Blair and high-ranking British officials, the official Syrian Arab News Agency reported Tuesday.
In addition, the President is scheduled to meet with Queen Elizabeth II and Crown Prince Charles.
Meanwhile, President al-Assad received Tuesday British Prime Minister Blair’s personal envoy, Edward Chaplen, SANA added.
In the course of their meeting, President al-Assad received a personal letter from the British Prime Minister. During the meeting, talks focused on bilateral relations and the situation in the region, especially in the occupied Palestinian territories and in Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
- Syria’s President arrives in London on landmark visit; Report: Blair to ask him convey message to Saddam
- Syrian President to visit Britain this week
- Syrian President Receives Message from British PM
- Syrian President in Britain: “Optimistic” war against Iraq could be avoided
- Queen Elizabeth II receives Syrian President, First Lady