Syrian President to Visit Saudi Arabia
Syrian President Bashar al-Asaad is due to visit Saudi Arabia next Tuesday to discuss regional affairs.
Arab diplomats believe that the scheduled visit is in the framework of intensive Arab diplomatic efforts to unite positions of Arab governments in facing Israel's atrocities against the Palestinians.
According to KUNA, the diplomats confirmed that the Syrian leader will meet with Saudi King Fahd bin Abdulaziz as well as the Crown Prince, Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, to discuss Saudi Arabia's recent Mideast peace proposal.
The peace initiative, floated by the Crown Prince, basically offers Israelis full recognition of their state if they retreat to their pre-1967 borders.
Al-Assad's last official visit to the Saudi Kingdom was on September 18, 2001. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- President Al-Assad wraps up Saudi visit
- Syrian President In Saudi Arabia For Talks; Jordan FM: No Syrian-Lebanese Reservation On Saudi Peace Initiative
- Syrian President to Visit Saudi on Tuesday
- Italian Prime Minister Leaves for Saudi Arabia
- Syrian President Holds Talks with King Fahd in Brief Visit to Saudi Arabia