Syrian-Qatari holding company established
Syrian Minister of Finance Dr. Mohammad al-Hussein and his Qatari counterpart Youssuf Hussein Kamal on Monday signed an agreement on setting up a Syrian-Qatari US$-200-million-capital holding company to operate in the filed of investment.
Dr. Hussein, in a statement following the signing ceremony, expressed hope that this agreement would mark the beginning of a new phase of relations between Syria and Qatar in different fields, enhanced by the political willingness of the leaderships in both countries to upgrade the level of these relations.
According to <i>SANA</I>, he added the 30-year agreement would be implemented after endorsing it by the agencies concerned in both countries to work in investment areas like industry, transportation tourism and services.
For his part, Qatari Finance Minister said the new company would stimulate investment in Syria, adding he expected the size of its dealing would amount to nearly one billion dollars in various investment fields.
- Syria threatens Qatari investments
- Syria, Qatar ink deal on set-up of holding investment company
- Oman, Qatar to establish holding company
- Major projects worth USD10.36 billion underway in Syria
- Construction Product Holding Company (CPC) establishes an industrial company in Egypt with a capital of USD 120 million