Syrian Students March to US Embassy to Protest Israeli Repression
Hundreds of Syrian students rallied Wednesday morning in solidarity with the Palestinian people in the wake of the Aqsa Intifada, which has so far seen 63 Palestinian martyrs.
The students headed for the US embassy in Damascus where they chanted slogans against the Israeli atrocities and burned the Israeli flag.
The march was escorted by Syrian police, whereas anti-riot units were stationed around the American embassy in fear of violence.
The rally was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, but security forces interference delayed it. However, about a hundred students were able to reach to Red Cross headquarters in Damascus and delivered a statement condemning the Israeli terrorism.
Observers did not rule out that violence might breakout at US and British facilities in the city.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian Police Crack Down on Protestors Attacking US Embassy
- US Embassy in Syria Closed after Protest Damage
- Anti-Israeli Rallies in Damascus, amid Reports of Imminent Visit by Arafat
- Palestinian Refugees in Syria Rally in Support of Aqsa Intifada
- Thousands of Syrian Students Protest in Support of Palestinians