Syrian TV Programs Aired Far From Home During Ramadan
Syrian drama shows have been a big hit across the Middle East during Ramadan, with shows being aired in Abu Dhabi, Tunisia, Morocco and as far as Europe. Al-Khaleej newspaper reports that the number of Syrian shows throughout the region has substantially increased since last Ramadan. The Abu Dhabi Channel is broadcasting "Knights & This Time Hero" series and the "6-Stars Family" both Syrian series. Dubai Television is broadcasting the Donya series and the Hay Al-Mazar series, both produced by Syrian television producers. Other Syrian dramas are being aired by the Tunisian, Moroccan and Kuwaiti satellite channels. In addition, Arab satellite channels that broadcast from Europe, such as MBC and ART, are also carrying numerous Syrian dramas.
© 1999 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Zakariya Praises Government and Condemns Corruption in Ramadan Series
- US, Israel strongly oppose airing of new Ramadan TV series “Al Shatat”
- Dubai Islamic Bank highlights importance of giving this Ramadan through television campaign
- French channel airs program on Tunisia
- Time to switch off! Ramadan TV does family-time more bad than good