Syrian VP: US backs Israel's ''acts of terrorism'' against the Palestinians
Syria's Vice-President Dr. Mohammad Zuhair Masharqa on Monday harshly condemned the Israeli policy towards the Palestinians. Delivering a speech during a conference in Damascus, Masharqa said "the suffering of our people in the occupied Palestinian lands is growing day by day accompanied by a war of extermination being waged by war criminal (Ariel) Sharon. It is evident that the terrorist Sharon is an enemy of peace, and his government is a cabinet of war that intentionally seeks to undermine the peace process."
He added that these acts, taken by Israel, enjoy full support from the US. "The Zionist enemy would not have perpetrated acts of terrorism against the Palestinians without support, backing and protection from the American administration which denies the Palestinian people'S right to resist the occupation," Masharqa was quoted as saying by SANA.
It said Masharqa reiterated Syria's desire for peace "in accordance with respective UN Security Council resolutions." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syria’s Vice President reiterates Damascus’ stances on Mid-East
- Syria’s Foreign Minister: Israel practices terrorism against Palestinians
- UAE Urges the United States to Stop Israeli Attacks Against the Palestinians
- Damascus: US support pushes Israel to kill Palestinians
- Summit ends with Israeli-Palestinian agreement ”to cease all acts of violence”