Syria's Assad receives U.S. member of congress
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad received at the People’s Palace on Saturday member of the U.S. Congress Darel Issa.
In the course of the meeting, talks focused on the future prospects of the relations between Syria and the United States, the situation in Iraq in addition to the Middle East peace process, SANA reported.
The talks also centered on the topic of "terrorism" and combating it and the U.S. vision on the situation in Iraq in particular and in the region in general.
For his part, President al-Assad stressed the importance of efforts his country is exerting in favor of realizing security and stability in the region. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US evacuates Beirut staff ahead of Congress decision on Syria strike
- Secretary of the General People's Congress meets members of US Congress
- US Congress likely to vote against Syria strike - FSA Chief
- Jarba says opposition to receive advanced weapons, Kerry admits Assad "gaining" in Syria
- President Assad meets US delegation