Syria's Assad Thanks Egyptian President for Supporting Syrian Rights
Syrian President Bashar Assad thanked Egypt Sunday for "supporting Syria's rights," in a message he sent to mark the country's national holiday, officials said.
In a message to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Assad sent his "best wishes to the Egyptian people and expressed Syria's appreciation for Egypt's position supporting Syria's struggle and its rights."
Mubarak made a telephone call to Assad on July 11th, congratulating him on his accession to the presidency and promising his help in returning to Syrian control the Golan Heights, which Israel occupied in the 1967 war - DAMASCUS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syria's President Assad thanks Russia for support
- Syrian President Assures Arafat of Syrian Support for Palestinians
- Assad confidante granted admission to Columbia University, thanks to TV host's emails
- Egypt's sport community thanks President Mubarak
- Why Assad shouldn't want to win the Syrian elections