Syria's First Private School
Half a century of state education monopoly ended Saturday in Syria with the announcement that permission had been granted for the first private international school in the country, AME Info reported Sunday.
The 25th school of the Lebanese-owned SABIS network will open in Damascus this September, and will admit 400-500 students at all levels – Albawaba.com
- Syria's Assad issues decree to allow private universities
- Private banks open in Syria ending half-century of state monopoly
- Bahrain’s First Private Girls School to be Inaugurated in September
- IFC invests $3 million in Syria’s first private bank
- Textile corporation initiates first Turkish private venture in Syria