Syria's FM warns of attacks on Golan settlements if Israel strikes again
Syria has threatened to attack Israeli settlements in the Golan Heights if Israel launches another attack on its soil, the Syrian foreign minister has warned, according to a British newspaper Sunday.
Farouk al-Shara told the Sunday Telegraph, "If we are attacked again our people will not stand for it and we have to carry out the will of the people."
Shara added, "We have many cards that we have not played. Don't forget there are many Israeli settlements in the Golan. I am not exaggerating but I am describing things as they might happen." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Top Israeli Official to Visit Cairo to Advance Peace Talks With Syria
- Syrian FM: Bashar Assad's Top Priority is to Regain the Golan
- Syria dennounces Israeli plans to expand settlements in occupied Golan Heights
- Mubarak Advisor: Syria ‘Not Alone’ in Face of Israeli Aggression
- Hizbollah Attacks Israeli Post near Shebaa Farms