Syria's Prime Minister expresses readiness to renew peace process with Israel
Syria's Prime Minister Muhammed Naji Al-Otri said Thursday his country is interested in reviving the peace process with Israel, "Syria will back any serious proposal aimed at a just and comprehensive peace."
Al-Otri, who spoke at a conference of European and Arab businessmen in the capital of Damascus, said Syria had increased its efforts to combat "terror" and added, "Israel's actions are aimed at causing peace efforts to fail and the cycle of violence to return," according to Reuters. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bush says Syria peace proposal to Israel - ''encouraging sign''
- Syria hopes to resume peace talks with Israel during 2007
- Syria sees no need to amend Arab peace proposal to Israel
- Sharon: Syria must ''disarm terror groups'' before any negotiations with Israel
- Syrian President Tells EU Envoy he Supports Renewing Peace Talks with Israel