TAG-College and IFC sign cooperation agreement in corporate governance
A cooperation agreement between Talal Abu-Ghazaleh College of Business- the first college of its kind to represent a partnership between the private and the public sectors in the Arab world and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) - a member of the World Bank Group, was signed today at Talal Abu-Ghazaleh College of Business (TAG-College).
The two parties agreed to cooperate in the delivery of corporate governance training in Jordan and some Arab countries.
Mr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh, chairman and CEO of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org) said "The project will provide corporate governance training to trainees in Jordan and the region according to international standards."
Mr. Abu-Ghazaleh expressed his happiness and satisfaction with the agreement stating "We are very happy to cooperate with IFC and hopefully we will continue working in the future in other fields."
Meanwhile, IFC's Resident Representative and Head of Mission in Jordan Dr. Ahmed Ali Attiga said "IFC is delighted to cooperate with Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Professional Training Academy in this important and vital area, which will develop best standards in corporate governance for the private sector in the Region."
The Bank Governance training program is designed for board chairs, board members, directors, senior executive officers, and top management of banks and financial institutions in the MENA region.
The Training program, the first of its kind in the Arab region, will educate bankers on specific bank-related Corporate Governance topics, including risk management, compliance and the audit, to help them improve their banks’ Corporate Governance practices and strengthen their control environments.
- Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Academy signs an agreement with Pearson VUE to open their first authorised Testing Centre in Amman’s TAG-ITI academy
- TAG organizes training course on Governance and Risk Management in cooperation with the International Finance Corporation
- Lebanon to Sign Agreement with World Bank’s IFC to Privatize Airline
- ENSEC signs Investment Mandate with International Finance Corporation
- IFC, Boscan Jordan Group sign loan package