Taliban killed six Afghan police officers in ambush attack
Taliban militants. (AFP/File)
Police Chief of Khoshamand district and six others policemen have been killed in the Taliban attack in southeastern Paktika province, an official said.
Deputy Police Chief Col. Abdul Rauf told Pajhwok Afghan News the incident happened on Monday in Hasham village.
He said 1st Lt. Kandahari known as Kako lala was on his way to the district from Sharan, the provincial capital when trapped in Taliban ambush.
He said four police officials had been wounded in the attack.
Official at Sharan Hospital said four wounded policemen had been evacuated to the hospital who had been in better conditions. Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Taliban takedown: Afghan police kill five militants after ambush attack
- Taliban kill 26 in separate attacks across Afghanistan
- NATO airstrike kills 11 Afghan police officers: local officials
- At least 15 Taliban militants killed by Afghan security forces
- Kabul suicide attack on UK diplomats leaves six dead