Taliban put Afghan Civilian Death Toll at more than 500
Taliban ambassador to Pakistan Abdul Salam Zaeef said Friday more than 500 Afghan civilians had died in the US-led bombing campaign in Afghanistan.
"More than 500 civilians have been killed," Zaeef told AFP following his return to Islamabad from a trip to the Taliban's southern stronghold of Kandahar -- Islamabad, (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Taliban Put Civilian Death Toll up to 70, More than 100 Injured
- Taliban Ambassador Returns to Pakistan with '\'Ceasefire Plan'\'
- Ambassador: Bin Laden in Afghanistan, Hiding Under Taliban Protection
- Taliban Calls New Afghan Government a 'Puppet Institution'
- Taliban Says Americans Arrested in Afghanistan