Taliban put Afghan Civilian Death Toll at more than 500
Taliban ambassador to Pakistan Abdul Salam Zaeef said Friday more than 500 Afghan civilians had died in the US-led bombing campaign in Afghanistan.
"More than 500 civilians have been killed," Zaeef told AFP following his return to Islamabad from a trip to the Taliban's southern stronghold of Kandahar -- Islamabad, (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Taliban Put Civilian Death Toll up to 70, More than 100 Injured
- Taliban Ambassador Returns to Pakistan with '\'Ceasefire Plan'\'
- US Commandos Reported in Afghanistan amid Rising Civilian Death Toll
- Air Strikes Toll: 633 Civilians Killed, Four US Planes Shot Down
- US Renews Attacks on Kabul as Civilian Death Toll Rises