Tariq Aziz: Israel to ''transfer'' Palestinians to Jordan in the event of U.S. attack on Iraq
Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz said Wednesday that in the event of a U.S. attack on Iraq, Israel would take advantage of the resulting chaos to "transfer" Palestinians into Jordan.
"The important thing, particularly for our brothers in Jordan, is the transfer plan...which is on the table now," he aired. "When there is a full-scale attack, Israeli tanks will herd people toward Jordan... making a Palestinian state in Jordan instead of Palestine."
Speaking to reporters at a conference in Damascus of Arab intellectuals and politicians rallying against a U.S. strike, Aziz added that no Arab state should expect to escape unscathed from such an attack, even if it cooperates with Washington.
"No Arab country is free of the threat, even if it takes part alongside America in the aggression against Iraq," Aziz said. "Don't think that [they are safe] if they make nice statements and offer bases to the Americans. When the crime ends, they will be made to submit to America and Zionism." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tariq Aziz: Arab States Just Watching What Is Happening in Palestine
- Aziz: Iraq Will Resist any US Attack
- Baghdad Warns: Attack Would Threaten US Interests in Mid-East
- Baghdad rejects Bush conditions; Iraqi minister threatens Israel with attack
- Jordan reiterates objection to U.S. strike on Iraq, use of its lands to launch attacks