Tehran short film festival to start
The 10th International Tehran short film festival will start on November 15. <i>Khaleej Times</i> reports that this edition of the Festival will feature Iran’s provincial films as well as 1063 foreign short films from 70 countries. Kianush Ayyari, Habibollah Kasehsaz, Reza Mirkarimi, Bijan Mirbaqeri, and Hamid Khozuei Abyaneh are the members of the jury who will judge the 105 short films, animations, documentaries, and experimental films competing in the national and new vision sections. The festival venues include Sari, Mazandaran Province, Shahrud, Semnan Province and Zahedan, Sistan-Baluchestan Province.
- Farid Boughedir, the First Arab Director to Chair FESPACO’s Jury
- German Historians Compiling Holocaust Film Database
- 7 minutes of heaven: Omani film 'Crossing' into Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Producers, distributors suggests paths to a better future for region’s short films at Gulf Film Festival panel discussion
- 18 short films by young Arab students compete for top honours at fourth Gulf Film Festival