Ten more Arrested Iranian Dissidents Freed on Bail
Ten more Iranian dissidents arrested last week will soon be released on bail, reported Iran’s news agency (IRNA) on Monday, adding that six others were released on Sunday.
Tehran’s Revolutionary Court ordered the arrest of 42 members of the Freedom Movement in Iran (FMI) on conspiracy charges against the Islamic establishment.
In the latest reaction to the arrest, over 150 Iranian MPs protested last Wednesday against the treatment of dozens of detained dissidents, saying they were held in unknown locations and were denied access to lawyers, said the agency.
In a letter to the Judiciary Head Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, the reformist deputies criticized Revolutionary Court employees, saying their treatment of the dissidents' relatives was "disrespectful, indecent and inhuman."
President Mohammed Khatami condemned the arrest, while the interior ministry denied allegations that it was involved in the arrests – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Frees BBC Newsmen After 2-Day Arrest
- Iran Lawyer for Families of Assassination Victims Freed on Bail
- Five Iranian Opposition Members Released on Bail
- Jordanian journalist freed on bail after five days of detention
- Interior Ministry: Arrested Dissidents not Charged of ‘Seeking to Overthrow Islamic Regime’