Tenders out for 582 Housing Units in Abu Ghneim
The Israeli ministry of housing and construction and the Israel Lands Administration released tender bids yesterday for the construction of 582 additional housing units at Jerusalem's Abu Ghneim neighborhood. These are slated to join 500 units now being built, according to Haaretz Thursday.
The tenders were issued two days after Housing and Construction Minister Yitzhak Levy (National Religious Party) announced his intention to quit the government, and Meretz MK Mussi Raz charged that Levy is making a last-minute effort as a cabinet minister to undermine the peace process, said the Israeli daily.
It added that senior ministry officials rejected this allegation, saying that preparations for the tender bid started a month ago, and that their current publication was coordinated with the prime minister.
Jerusalem municipality officials praised Levy for the new Har Homa building tenders. Had there not been political pressures delaying the previous tender round, they said, construction at Har Homa would be even more advanced today – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel issues tenders for construction of about 1,000 new housing units in West Bank settlements
- Israel publishes 228 new housing tenders for West Bank settlements
- Israel to Consider Building 4000 Units on Abu Ghneim
- New Israeli Settlement Approved in South Jerusalem
- Israel expanding Arab east Jerusalem settlement