Third Round Talks of Tunisian-Syrian High Joint Committee Kicks off in Tunis
The third round of talks of the Joint Tunisian Syrian High Committee are due to start in Tunis Sunday. Eight agreements and protocols will be signed by the two sides while negotiations will take place over free trade, investments’ protection, and land transportation.
“The Tunisian-Syrian relations have witnessed over the past few years a positive development and care by holding joint meetings of the high committee,” Akhbar Tunis newspaper reported.
Cooperation between the two countries is governed by more than 40 agreements and protocols.
According to the official figures, the value of trade between the two countries reached 15 million dinars during the year 2000, while Syrian investments in Tunisia reached about 1.6 million dinars, creating 600 job opportunities – Albawaba.com
- Syrian - Tunisian ties discussed
- Syrian-Tunisian Higher Trade Committee Meets Late January
- Egyptian PM Due in Tunis for Joint Committee Meeting, Arab Economic Summit Preparations
- Jordanian-Syrian Committee to Convene on April 24
- Syrian premier to visit Sanaa for Higher Syrian-Yemen Joint Committee talks